The Unauthorized Biography of Rosco P. Coltrane

When it's my moment in the sun, I won't forget that I am blessed, but every hero walks alone, thinking of more things to confess

My Photo
Name:
Location: Owensboro, Kentucky, United States

One Word: UNSTOPPABLE AWESOMENESS!!!

Friday, February 25, 2005

Friday the 25th, 17th day of Lent

I have been watching The Right Stuff tonight. Back when I was a kid, the space program was still really really cool. I don't think that kids feel the same way that I did when I was a kid about space travel. I guess they have more things to distract them. But when I was a kid, it was still very much relevant to life. I guess it makes sense because I was born only 8 years after we landed on the moon. And I was in third grade when the Challenger exploded, so it was always in our minds. It all had such wonderment. But now it has been 35 years since we landed on the moon. In our current culture in which technology advances so fast, 35 years ago is a long time ago. I once heard that your modern scientific calculator has the same amount of memory as the computers that put a man on the moon. I don't know if that is true, but with the technological advances that we seem to make every day seem to suggest that it is true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home