The Unauthorized Biography of Rosco P. Coltrane

When it's my moment in the sun, I won't forget that I am blessed, but every hero walks alone, thinking of more things to confess

My Photo
Name:
Location: Owensboro, Kentucky, United States

One Word: UNSTOPPABLE AWESOMENESS!!!

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Tuesday, The 15th, The 7th Day of Lent

It's funny how TV can affect you. I am flipping channels in my cold hotel room. I come along the original "Brian's Song." I can't tell you how many times I have seen this movie, maybe a dozen. But I am sitting here watching it and knowing how this movie will end. But the worst part is I know the scene in which I will cry. It's the part where Gayle Sayers is accepting his award and he is giving his speech. He says, "I love Brian Piccolo, and I hope tonight you love Brian Piccolo too."

I don't understand why it is so easy for me to cry during this movie, and truth be told in a lot of movies. But in real life, when emotions run high I am a rock. I don't cry in public, I try not to even show anger in public. Maybe it is a pride thing. But for the life of me I can't understand why I don't show emotion in public, but I can watch a 1970's TV movie and cry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home