The Unauthorized Biography of Rosco P. Coltrane

When it's my moment in the sun, I won't forget that I am blessed, but every hero walks alone, thinking of more things to confess

My Photo
Name:
Location: Owensboro, Kentucky, United States

One Word: UNSTOPPABLE AWESOMENESS!!!

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Wednesday, The 16th, 8th Day of Lent

I tried my best not to stare, I really did. But I couldn't stop it. I was sitting at lunch, eating with a bunch of people. I forgot what the conversation was about, but I wasn't interested. So I started to watch this guy a few booths over. You could just tell there was something wrong with the guy. He was huge. At least over 6'5 and probably over three bills. He had blond hair and talked really slow. He ordered a full breakfast of omelets, pancakes, sausage, bacon, hashbrowns, and three glasses of water. When his food finally came I watched him prepare for his meal. It was then that I realized that he had tourette's syndrome. He was readjusting and readjusting his silverware trying to get it into the perfect spot. It took him at least 5 tried just trying to get the fork, spoon, and knife in the right place. Then he did the same thing with the plates. Finally, he went to work on his glass of water. When he finally got it in the right spot, he picked it up and gulped it down in one swallow. He started to eat his eggs and he cut them with his fork grinding the metal on the plate exactly 5 times. He put his fork down and sat there for a minute before taking a bite. He was holding his hands and twitching his fingers. It was there that I saw the struggle in his eyes. I can only imagine what kind of torture this man went through just to wake up that morning and dress himself. Truth is I can't imagine it. I have no idea. I am so lucky with my health and mental well-being that I totally take it for granted. Yet some of God's precious children can't even eat their lunch without being driven insane by flatware.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home