The Unauthorized Biography of Rosco P. Coltrane

When it's my moment in the sun, I won't forget that I am blessed, but every hero walks alone, thinking of more things to confess

My Photo
Name:
Location: Owensboro, Kentucky, United States

One Word: UNSTOPPABLE AWESOMENESS!!!

Friday, March 04, 2005

Friday the 4th, 24th day of Lent

I really only have one pet peeve, but in my eyes, it is a biggie. I hate people that are late. I hate being late. To me there is no excuse for tardiness. Unless there is blood or any other large assortment of bodily fluids in the mix. Today I got to work at a quarter of 7. We were supposed to drive a couple of hours south and be at a jobsite by 9. Well, at 5 til 7, I got a call that I had to go pick a coworker up. I was a bit upset, but I realized that things happen and that it wasn't that big of a deal, we would only be a few minutes late. Well, when I went to pickup my coworker, he told me that we were going to have to take his girlfriend's daughter to school. It wouldn't have been that big of a deal, but the school that she goes to was 4 towns over. We ended up not really leaving until 8:15. My deal with being on time is simple, it's just rude to not consider another person's time.

I have always heard that 90% of success is just showing up. Well, the other 10% is showing up on time.

Or to put it another way someone once told me. If you're early, you're on time. If you're on time, you're late. And if you're late, you're pregnant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home