The Unauthorized Biography of Rosco P. Coltrane

When it's my moment in the sun, I won't forget that I am blessed, but every hero walks alone, thinking of more things to confess

My Photo
Name:
Location: Owensboro, Kentucky, United States

One Word: UNSTOPPABLE AWESOMENESS!!!

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Thursday the 3rd, 23rd day of Lent

Yesterday was Dr. Seuss' 101st birthday. I was reading that his book Green Eggs and Ham was written pretty much on a bet. I guess his publisher had recently published The Cat in the Hat and there were only about a 100 different words in the book. Well, it seems his publisher bet Suess that he couldn't write a book with only 50 different words. Well, Seuss won the bet and one of his most beloved books was created. It is funny how the English language is made up of some many words, sayings, metaphors, and analogies. But to truly communicate with another human we don't really need a lot of words. Everything can be stated simply. And that's good enough for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home