The Unauthorized Biography of Rosco P. Coltrane

When it's my moment in the sun, I won't forget that I am blessed, but every hero walks alone, thinking of more things to confess

My Photo
Name:
Location: Owensboro, Kentucky, United States

One Word: UNSTOPPABLE AWESOMENESS!!!

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Brittany "Booty" Benson--Baby Sister, Special Ed Teacher, Future Mayor of Bowling Green, KY

Resides--Owensboro, KY
Known Since--October 28,1980

I remember the first time I was told that I had a little sister named Brittany. It was 1980, and I had just turned 3 a few weeks before. In fact, this is one of the first memories I have.

My granny told me that I had a little sister and I laid down on her kitchen floor and cried and cried that I didn't want a little sister.

It's funny now that I think about it.My sister Brittany has been my arch-nemesis, coconspirator, and best friend as long as I can remember.

Growing up she tagged along a lot. It was pretty annoying back then. She couldn't hang with me and Jeremy, so she would run home crying because she was hurt or we wouldn't let her do something. Usually I would be scolded and she would have her revenge.

I can still remember her with her blond hair playing with some Rainbow Brite dolls on the swing out back.

I can still remember when she was just learning to talk and I was the only person that understood what she was saying. I was like a UN translator negotiating Happy Meals and toys between my sister and my parents.

Now that we are grown-up, I realize how blessed I am to have her as a sister. Usually whenever I am home, we start picking on each other. Finally, after my mother has listened to us argue enough, she scolds us. Britt and I usually start laughing and then start to gang up and argue with her. It's weird how brothers and sisters can team up so well. We can argue and fight and make fun of each other incessantly, but the minute someone says something about the other, we take up arms for each other.

We are very different though.

Brittany is naturally outgoing and talkative. I am not. Brittany is friendly and always has a smile on her face. I do not. Brittany is wild and crazy. I am more reserved.

She is an extraordinary person. She teaches special education and hopes to soon work in Charleston, SC teaching. I am excited for her about the prospect of moving somewhere exciting a new. I think it will be great for her.

She is my baby sister, and she always will be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home