The Unauthorized Biography of Rosco P. Coltrane

When it's my moment in the sun, I won't forget that I am blessed, but every hero walks alone, thinking of more things to confess

My Photo
Name:
Location: Owensboro, Kentucky, United States

One Word: UNSTOPPABLE AWESOMENESS!!!

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

No Fear

This morning I finally woke after numerous snooze button stays of execution. I sat there in bed, trying to get awake. I just laid in bed and thought about going to Oaxaca this weekend.

And I began to wonder if I am stupid crazy for not being scared.

The old Catch-22.

I really am not scared in the least bit. I don't have any fears going into what is the biggest trip of my life so far. I am not worried about disease, banditos, language barriers, customs, missing flights, scorpions, bugs, mountain terrain, or anything else. Maybe I am just naive. Maybe I just don't understand the magnitude of the trip. Maybe I am just stupid.

But I have no fear. I know that God has great things in store for this trip. Because I say the prayer everyday: "Thy will be done." And it will be, I have no doubts of that.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dallas said...

Former missionary's $.02:

Keep your expectations low. The food will taste like crap, the people will be unchanged and the conditions will be the worst you can imagine. One of those is bound to come true.

And, pray to a God with a Oaxacan face, not a white face.

I'm looking forward to hearing how the trip went, dude.

7:23 AM  
Blogger EY said...

i'm praying for peace...i have yet to wake up that calm...actually my peace comes in waves...unfortunately..it's not with me. i can't tell if my heart is racing b/c i'm super excited or if i'm super anxious. whatever it is..i'm still praying. see you friday!!

10:25 AM  
Blogger jlo said...

Thanks for going Lafe. The trip wouldn't have been the same without you. You were awesome. You helped keep spirits up in times when they could have been down. You worked your butt off when it was stinkin' hot. You made me laught as hard as I have laughed in a long time.

I look forward to getting to know you better over the next few years that I am in Fayetteville and to going with you again to Oaxaca.

9:30 PM  
Blogger EY said...

oh yeah...sign me up again. i'm thinking another round at the "mural"...nah. :)

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home