The Unauthorized Biography of Rosco P. Coltrane

When it's my moment in the sun, I won't forget that I am blessed, but every hero walks alone, thinking of more things to confess

My Photo
Name:
Location: Owensboro, Kentucky, United States

One Word: UNSTOPPABLE AWESOMENESS!!!

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Where am I? Where I am.

Where am I?

My eyes can't adjust to the dark very fast
so I try to search
and feel my way around the wall
holding my breath until the moment
when painted drywall turns
into a small switch with two small
screws holding it up
I feel
up and down
nothing
My hands swings through the air
like a conductor keeping a beat
and waving on a prayer that a light
cord will be my
lifeline

Still
Nothing

I walk around
stubbing toes and cursing

suddenly I realize somthing
I am not alone
something else is breathing
in the dark
waiting and lurking with me
for that light

and what once was so hard to find
is easy
there are many light switches now

that and dread

because in between the darkness
and that blinding light is

Where I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home