The Unauthorized Biography of Rosco P. Coltrane

When it's my moment in the sun, I won't forget that I am blessed, but every hero walks alone, thinking of more things to confess

My Photo
Name:
Location: Owensboro, Kentucky, United States

One Word: UNSTOPPABLE AWESOMENESS!!!

Monday, July 18, 2005

The Jungle Room

Elvis was sitting in the passenger seat
next to me
her hair blowing in the wind
that has cooled off sometime
between the hot and humid day

She talked about the uncertainty
of her life
how busy it is
all her anxiety

I wanted to tell her that
everything would be fine
and work out
but I didn't
because
who am I
to say that

So I just keep driving
feeling the coolness and silence
on the hair of my arms
catching quick peeks of beauty and smiles

These aren't really good sunglasses, she says
and she takes them off
puts them back on the dashboard

Yeah, I say, I know

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home