The Unauthorized Biography of Rosco P. Coltrane

When it's my moment in the sun, I won't forget that I am blessed, but every hero walks alone, thinking of more things to confess

My Photo
Name:
Location: Owensboro, Kentucky, United States

One Word: UNSTOPPABLE AWESOMENESS!!!

Saturday, July 23, 2005

The Official soundtrack of The Unauthorized Biography of Rosco P. Coltrane

Well, I was trying to think of something a bit on the different to do for my blog. And somehow, probably through a swift shot to the head by a blunt instrument, I decided that what my blog needed was a soundtrack. Since a lawyer would probably write a nasty letter full of lawyering mumbo jumbo and f' bombs to me if I sent out copies of this soundtrack to all my faithful readers, I decided to make an IMIX on ITUNES. The Soundtrack of The Unauthorized Biography of Rosco P. Coltrane is located on your local ITUNES music store.

I designed this soundtrack thinking about all music that sticks in my crawl when I am reading and writing. This isn't the only music that I listen to. But it some of the stuff that really inspires me to waste too much gasoline driving around and thinking about anything and everything.

I hope you will enjoy it.

The Playlist:
(This was my original order, but somehow it got mixed up on ITUNES because it alphabetized everything)

1. Clem Snide's "Moment in the Sun" -- On the top of my blog, you will see the opening lines of this song. It was the theme song to "Ed" for a few years. It just kinda got stuck in my head and won't rattle out.

2. Keane's "Everybody's Changing" -- There is a great radio station in Harrison, AR (go figure) that seems to play this song every time I am traveling in the area. I like the fact that the melody is uptempo, but the lyrics are still dark.

3. Nickel Creek's "This Side" -- You gots to love a little mandolin action. Great pop song with non-traditional pop instrumentation.

4. Paul Thorn's "Downtown Babylon" -- If you have ever been away from home, this is what it feels like. Paul Thorn is an amazing singer/songwriter whose only musical classification is "different, but great."

5. Better Than Ezra's "This Time of Year" -- When the air gets crisp, there is nothing like turning this song up and watching the impending Autumn.

6. Athlete's "Wires" -- This song is hypnotic by a great new British band that could be the bastard children of Radiohead and Coldplay.

7. Beck's "Girl" -- Beck creates a strange summer anthem.

8. Sufjan Stevens' "The Man of Metropolis Steals Our Hearts" -- Maybe the most odd song on the most odd album of the year. Stevens creates an album about the state of Illinois that creates these weird little songs about the weird little things of the Land of Lincoln.

9. Snow Patrol's "Grazed Knees" -- When I listen to this song I wish I could have an internal monologue like Zack Braff.

10. Jaime Cullum's "High and Dry" -- I didn't think you could make Radiohead any more mellow than it is, but this version some how makes me think of a cold day and a warm cup of coffee.

11. Elton John's "My Father's Gun" -- I have been listening to this song a lot since I heard it on an Elizabethtown clip. I mean is there anything more ironic that a gay piano player from England singing about joining the confederate army?

12. Rilo Kiley's "More Adventurous" -- I always hear the term angelic voice. This is the voice of a fallen angel that somehow found it's way into a trailer park.

13. The Polyphonic Spree's "Light and Day/Reach For the Sun" -- These people are so damn happy that you can't help but sing along to this silly, genius song. If Woodstock would have had a church choir, it would have been this group.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home