The Unauthorized Biography of Rosco P. Coltrane

When it's my moment in the sun, I won't forget that I am blessed, but every hero walks alone, thinking of more things to confess

My Photo
Name:
Location: Owensboro, Kentucky, United States

One Word: UNSTOPPABLE AWESOMENESS!!!

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

This Tide


(I found this photo on www.photojunkie.ca. It seemed to fit well with this poem for some reason.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This tide
is strong
I have underestimated it again

all I taste is salt
all I see is blur
my lungs are on fire

I can't swim very well and I know this
the panic doesn't let me forget it

so I paddle and flail
as fast and hard
but I am not getting anywhere
just further
from

I don't notice the sinking at first
but I soak it up
then drop
towards that dark bottom
beneath my weak kicks

For the briefest of moments
I get some air

I realize the decision, now

So
I decide to fight
give it my all
determined not to drown
This time

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home