The Unauthorized Biography of Rosco P. Coltrane

When it's my moment in the sun, I won't forget that I am blessed, but every hero walks alone, thinking of more things to confess

My Photo
Name:
Location: Owensboro, Kentucky, United States

One Word: UNSTOPPABLE AWESOMENESS!!!

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Wearing Off

I was talking with a friend of mine last week about the trip to Mexico a month ago. She asked me if the feeling had worn off. And I knew exactly what she meant. I knew that feeling becuase it wore off a long time ago. Though I tried my best, seemingly in vain, to keep that feeling of Mexico in my heart, it vanished after only a few weeks back. Sure the first day was rough, really rough. I felt the tug of Mexico and the way I felt down there. But with each day, and after every Oaxaca Journal entry, I felt the trip slippig away from me slowly, piece by piece. Kinda like after a shot of novacane, you keep testing your cheeks to see if they have regained any feeling at all. After a bit of time, the feeling starts to return and the nerves wake up out of their stupor. You always get back full feeling and don't even realize.

She told me that the feeling hadn't worn off for her. And I was glad. I wish I could say the same.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Lynette said...

Lafe,
I haven't even been to Mexico yet, but I think I know that feeling. I have been in a euphoric state for the past couple of days. I've been buying some toys to take to the kids. We had our last meeting last night before prayer meeting (which was awesome). There is so much joy in heart I can barely contain it.
God is so good.

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home