The Unauthorized Biography of Rosco P. Coltrane

When it's my moment in the sun, I won't forget that I am blessed, but every hero walks alone, thinking of more things to confess

My Photo
Name:
Location: Owensboro, Kentucky, United States

One Word: UNSTOPPABLE AWESOMENESS!!!

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Ain't No Cure For The Summertime Blues

My granny used to have this white vinyl recliner. It was a nice recliner, it leaned back to almost a 180 degree angle. I remember seeing a picture of me when I was a baby looking as though I was swallowed whole into this chair.

Anyway, I was thinking about those old summertime memories and I remembered something that some of my old roommates and I used to do.

We tried to save on our electrical bills by not using the air conditioner very much. So on those hot and lazy summer days, we would have a contest using that old vinyl chair that was handed down to me.

We would strip down to just our shorts. Then one person would sit down in the chair and recline as far back as the chair would go. Then we would wiggle around the chair and get our sweaty skin stuck to the chair. Then we would jump out of the chair as quickly as we could. The person who created the loudest sound of hot and sweaty skin being peeled off of sticky vinyl won.

I don't know what we played for. Maybe some Ice-Pops, we used to go through a case of those bad boys every day or so.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

US Senate approves museum honoring women
AFP/File Photo: A woman smiles as she participates in the Million Woman March in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Kim
my site: coloring hair

1:09 PM  
Blogger EY said...

that pastime...is plain weird. but that's what bonding moments are like...

9:59 PM  
Blogger Drew Caperton said...

What!? Commercials in comment boxes now?! Lafe, do you know the "Kim" that cmmented first on this post?

About the game, that level of fun is only understood my the male species, and THAT was awesome. Yangster, it's OK, you just could not understand.

8:40 AM  
Blogger EY said...

although...i can't fully understand....i find it fun as an image to remember. :)

8:15 PM  
Blogger Lafe said...

I have no idea what that comment was about. Maybe Kim thought I needed hair coloring. Obviously, if she had ever seen my hair, she would no that color is the least of my worries.

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home