The Unauthorized Biography of Rosco P. Coltrane

When it's my moment in the sun, I won't forget that I am blessed, but every hero walks alone, thinking of more things to confess

My Photo
Name:
Location: Owensboro, Kentucky, United States

One Word: UNSTOPPABLE AWESOMENESS!!!

Monday, August 01, 2005

Blackbird Singing In The Dead Of Night

A couple of sparrows have somehow found a hole in the back of my office building. I have found a nest, but I think it is an old one.

No, I think these sparrows just enjoy coming inside on a hot afternoon. They swoop around the back, darting from the top of an old refrigerator to the top of the garage door and then finally finding a good perch on top of a dormant heater.

I have thought about trying to chase them back outside, but I know that they will just find a way back in. And besides, as long as they aren't dropping any bombs on a desk, where's the harm?

But today, something shocked me.

I was listening to a CD and noticed the birds singing along. I was listening to The Flaming Lips' Do You Realize? and noticed the birds' chirps. They were singing along!

It wasn't perfect with the beat, but it was close.

I quickly changed to see if they would sing with any other songs. They were pretty quiet with Damien Rice and Snow Patrol, but they sang a lot with Blink 182.

When I put on some Kanye West, they went absolutely nuts. They were singing so fast. I just wish I could find them a little bit of bird bling-bling.

I am gonna play different songs for the rest of the afternoon, see what they like. And taking requests.

1 Comments:

Blogger EY said...

that's super cute. i hope they like coldplay and ben folds.. :) then we know they have taste.

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home