The Unauthorized Biography of Rosco P. Coltrane

When it's my moment in the sun, I won't forget that I am blessed, but every hero walks alone, thinking of more things to confess

My Photo
Name:
Location: Owensboro, Kentucky, United States

One Word: UNSTOPPABLE AWESOMENESS!!!

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Exxon Valdez, Take Me Away

I might have had the dumbest conversation in my life tonight...

I went to Wal-Mart to pick-up some laundry detergent and a couple of gallons of water, see the earlier post entitled H2O for an explanation. I started out waiting in the self-checkout line, but as per usual, the people in front of me don't understand the concept of scanning their own purchases. So I walked over and waited in a regular express line.

So I finally get up to the front of the line. The checkout girl and I started making small talk. Here is how the conversation went.

Her: "I wish it would slow down a little bit."

Me: "Yeah."

Her: "It's because of the news, that's why everyone is here."

Me: "What news?"

Her: "Well, the news is that gas is gonna go to $4.00 a gallon tomorrow."

Me: "I haven't heard that. That doesn't sound like news, that's sounds like a rumor to me."

Her: "No, it's true, it's because of the hurricane. People are out getting gas."

At this point, I looked at my purchases and everyone behind me buying waffles and orange juice.

Me: "Yeah, looks like everyone is stocking up on gas."

I thanked her and left. I thought two things: I wish I would have stayed in the self-checkout line and how I need to get gas but I didn't want to because of absurdity of the fact that some people could think that gas would jump up a dollar and a half in 12 hours and not have it totally cripple our country.

By the way, if you are reading this Monday morning and gas is 4 bucks a gallon, well, then I am a moron...

2 Comments:

Blogger sarah j. said...

looks like you're not a moron...

1:55 PM  
Blogger Lafe said...

Well, I am not a moron because of the 4 dollar a gallon gas...

But in general, the jury is still out if I am a moron or not...

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home