The Unauthorized Biography of Rosco P. Coltrane

When it's my moment in the sun, I won't forget that I am blessed, but every hero walks alone, thinking of more things to confess

My Photo
Name:
Location: Owensboro, Kentucky, United States

One Word: UNSTOPPABLE AWESOMENESS!!!

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

The Gourd Champion of Daviess County

Many summers ago, I was the gourd champion of Daviess County. I didn't really earn it. My next door neighbor, Chester, grew the gourds. I picked out a couple of them and put them in a basket. I entered them in the Lions Club County Fair. A few weeks later, my name was in the paper as the 1st place entry in mixed gourds. A few weeks after that, I got a check in the mail. My mom wouldn't let me keep the check. She made me give it to Chester. I didn't want to, but it was the right thing to do. Looking back, I'm glad she made me do it.

It's weird, I have no idea why that memory slapped me in the fact this morning, but it did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home