The Unauthorized Biography of Rosco P. Coltrane

When it's my moment in the sun, I won't forget that I am blessed, but every hero walks alone, thinking of more things to confess

My Photo
Name:
Location: Owensboro, Kentucky, United States

One Word: UNSTOPPABLE AWESOMENESS!!!

Thursday, August 25, 2005

H2O

I love Northwest Arkansas, I love where I live. That's why I live here.

But there is one thing I really hate about living in Fayetteville. For about 3 months, during the late Summer and early Fall, the water "turns."

We get our water from a big lake to the east of us. They say, though I am a bit skeptical of this explaination, that the top water mixes with the bottom water and kicks up a bunch of dirt and other crap. Supposedly, that is why our water tastes like the above picture looks.

The worst is that you can smell it when you take a shower. Luckily, if you use some strong scented laundry detergent, you won't smell it in your clothes.

So for the next few months, I will only drink something from a bottle. I will only use ice that comes from a store.

The funny thing is, I travel around and Northwest Arkansas is the only place where the water tastes really bad.

So if you will allow me a plug for my favorite water...

Clean...

Clear...

Refreshing...

Pond scum free...

Ahhhhh.....

6 Comments:

Blogger Nelson said...

Allison and I are with you 100% on this one! Even with filtered Brita water, it's pretty horrible tasting.

I can't smell it in the shower, but Allison says she can.

But Aquafina?? C'mon! Drink Nestle water! Nestle Pure Life, Ozarka, or even Sam's Choice (we make that, too). Screw Aquafina!

10:37 PM  
Blogger Lafe said...

I can be bribed...if a case of Ozarka happened to find it's way to the house on the top of Township, well, I might would change my mind. I do like the Aquafina "big mouth" bottle...

10:54 PM  
Blogger shauna said...

uuuuuummmmmmm, HELLO?!! DASANI EVERYBODY! DASANI is the way to go!

8:33 AM  
Blogger sarah j. said...

root beer....

haha j/k.

I actually don't notice much when the lake turns [it happens in the winter/spring as well...]. I guess I have lived here so long I am 'immune'. Of course, for years growing up I lived off of sulfur well water, so anything is better than that stuff!!! :P

12:16 PM  
Blogger Roger Hui said...

I actually don't like bottle water, to me some of them have plastic taste in them.

10:09 AM  
Blogger EY said...

root beer all the way.

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home