The Unauthorized Biography of Rosco P. Coltrane

When it's my moment in the sun, I won't forget that I am blessed, but every hero walks alone, thinking of more things to confess

My Photo
Name:
Location: Owensboro, Kentucky, United States

One Word: UNSTOPPABLE AWESOMENESS!!!

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

It Kept Going and Going and Going


I got all the way home tonight. I parked my jeep in the driveway. I turned the key off so I could unlock the armrest and pull out my garage door opened. I opened the door. Put my key back in the ignition.

Nothing. No pulse. Flatlines.

My first inclination was the alternator. I haven't had any problems with my jeep since the winter when one day my battery was dead. I charged it back up, but it hadn't given me any problems since. My immediate reaction was the alternator was bad and I was going to have to pull the thing out and put a new one in and it was going to take a long time.

I called my dad. I told him the situation. He told me to sit back for a second and think about the problem. He asked me when was the last time I changed out the battery. I told him I hadn't ever changed the battery.

What year is that jeep, he asked.

97, I said.

Well, he said very poetically, your battery probably took a big healthy dump.

I started to think about it and he was right. Everything pointed to the battery if I thought about it logically.

He finished the conversation by telling me that if I got 7 years out of a battery, I ought to take it out and give it a big kiss. So I did.

Thanks dad, I always appreciate the help when I can get. I just wish I could be more help to you sometimes...

1 Comments:

Blogger dad said...

son,
glad to be a little help to you now and again,in my time i have seen quite a few thing go wrong i remember a few.
most problems can be fixed thinking loglically. you are help to me.
dad

6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home