The Unauthorized Biography of Rosco P. Coltrane

When it's my moment in the sun, I won't forget that I am blessed, but every hero walks alone, thinking of more things to confess

My Photo
Name:
Location: Owensboro, Kentucky, United States

One Word: UNSTOPPABLE AWESOMENESS!!!

Monday, September 26, 2005

I could get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up...


It amazes me the ideas that people try to sell: stupid little statues on QVC, insurance on DVD rentals, and Clay Aiken music.

But one of the most astounding and dumbfounding ideas I have ever heard is a store that sells naps in the Mall of America up in Minneapolis. For 70 cents a minute you can walk in a store, lay down and take a nap. That's 42 dollars an hour!

Here is the thing, I have been to Minneapolis a time or too. It is a pretty fun down. It is buck naked cold in the winter. And when it is buck naked cold up in the middle of Minnesota, you do one of two things. You either drink, a lot. Or you go ice fishing. Sometimes, you do both.

But I don't think I could pay real money to go in someplace and take a nap. I think I couldn't do it because the entire time I would be trying to sleep, I would be adding up the cost in my head. Which also begs the question, what happens if I try to take a nap but can't fall asleep. Though, come to think of it, any time I have ever wanted to take a nap, I have always succeeded.

The store has assured the public that they will have a one person a room limit.

Wow, you stay classy Mall of America.

3 Comments:

Blogger Spencer said...

Well, I probably wouldn't spend that much just for a place to take a nap, but I would pay double for the spare TIME to take one...

11:19 AM  
Blogger Drew Caperton said...

What next, are they going to make you pay for parking there, too?! Oh wait, that was dumb...

12:26 PM  
Blogger Nelson said...

I don't give a rip about the post...the title had me rolling for at least 2 minutes!

I appreciate you, Lafe. You fun to laughh at..um..with.

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home