The Unauthorized Biography of Rosco P. Coltrane

When it's my moment in the sun, I won't forget that I am blessed, but every hero walks alone, thinking of more things to confess

My Photo
Name:
Location: Owensboro, Kentucky, United States

One Word: UNSTOPPABLE AWESOMENESS!!!

Monday, September 05, 2005

Last Chance To Wear White For 6 Months!

I have always heard these strange sayings from women I know like...

(INSERT COLOR) is the new pink.

You should never wear white after Labor Day.

Blah Blah Blah, by this time I usually stop listening. I usually try to wrinkle my brow as though I am listening, but I am really trying to arrange my fantasy football team line-up so that I can capitalize on the Baltimore Ravens playing the San Francisco 49er's while still making audible noises so that it sounds as though I really care about anything related to fashion.

So what am I trying to say, I don't know. I guess what I am trying to say that there is a difference between men and women and what they like to talk about. And I am sure that women do the same thing when men start to talk about their favorite team's play calling on 3rd and long. They don't want to listen to talk about fuel injection, so their minds must stray too.

So why do men and women still try to talk about these things to each other? Does anyone really listen both?

Well there is one man, my best friend, John Pelphrey.

Whenever I talk to him we always talk about football. But there was this one time a few years back we went to a football game and later that night had drinks with some old friends. John starts to talk to this girl about her purse. Here is a quick excerpt of the conversation at Steak N Shake one late night.

John to Unidentified Woman: Is that Louis Vutton?

Me to both: Where is he at, I sure do miss that guy?

John to me: What are you talking about?

Me to John: Louie, yeah I remember him, he used to sit behind me in Calculus. Where's he at?

John and Unidentified Woman: Louis Vutton makes purses.

Me: Oh, where did you learn about that?

John: Fashion Channel.

Me: Does your wife know you watch that?

John: Yeah we watch it together.

Me: Oh.

Long Pause

Me: Do you think I should start Marshall Faulk this weekend?

It's a good thing he is married or I would kid him unmercifully about his fashion knowledge. Oh, who am I kidding, I do it anyway...

3 Comments:

Blogger sarah j. said...

on the white after labor day.....that isn't applicable anymore. One CAN in fact wear white now between labor day and memorial day.....

9:39 AM  
Blogger Shelli said...

You are officially a nerd Lafe!

3:07 PM  
Blogger Lafe said...

Don't pass judgement on me, unless it is good judgement like, Lafe, you are the coolest person in this world and you are so strong you can break a man's windpipe with your pinky.

Well, after my last statement, I know why you think I am a nerd.

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home