The Unauthorized Biography of Rosco P. Coltrane

When it's my moment in the sun, I won't forget that I am blessed, but every hero walks alone, thinking of more things to confess

My Photo
Name:
Location: Owensboro, Kentucky, United States

One Word: UNSTOPPABLE AWESOMENESS!!!

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

My Weird Habit/Compulsive Disorder

I don't have many little quirks or picadillies, but I do have this thing with socks.

Every week whenever I go to Wal-Mart to buy groceries, I stop and buy a 6 pack of Jerzee's White No-Show Socks for $3.47. I don't really know why, I just have this strange little thing with socks. The reason is two fold.

#1. I lose socks.

#2. I hate dirty socks, and even though I try to clean them, they never feel as good as socks do the first time you put them on.

The few people that know the deep shame and misery of my sock habit make fun of me for it.

Anyone else have any of these weird little quirks? Anyone else a sock freak like me?

7 Comments:

Blogger Dallas said...

Every time my wife bakes cookies, I eat all of them.

All of them. It doesn't matter if it is 5 or 35. They are gone.

She has to bake them while I am away and then hide them in a secure area if they are intended for someone else.

7:17 AM  
Blogger EY said...

I have a thing with white wash cloths..I don't pick up a pack every week...but maybe every other week...b/c even though I stick them in the wash with bleach...It just doesn't look as white as the time I first bought them...thank goodness it's like $5.00 or $3.00 for a pack of like 25?? now the old ones are just rags. and I have found the poof things don't really scrub you clean..only the washcloth. I ran a test...i scrubbed with a poof..and then washed again with the cloth...still tons of dirt. false advertising. blah.

8:31 AM  
Blogger Spencer said...

FINALLY, someone who understands! I've lived with this disorder for years. I went through a phase where I didn't wear a pair of socks twice for about six years. I got over it when I went to Mexico for two months back in '03. I have found that the really nice socks (INgenius is good but $10 a pair) feel new for at least a year. But they aren't low cut.

8:54 AM  
Blogger Drew Caperton said...

I line my shoes up wherever they are. My brother does the exact same thing. My son, at only 20 months, also has started lining things up, but not his shoes.

I know that's a lame one...

9:20 AM  
Blogger Nelson said...

Hey mommy, look at the FREAK!!!

10:06 PM  
Blogger sarah j. said...

ok, so I spent quite a few days contemplating whether I had any of those weird little quirks. For a while there, I was going to respond that you were....how to say....a little strange with your sock fettish. ;) But then I thought of one this weekend. And now, I forget what it was....oh well. I know it was a good one...

5:01 PM  
Blogger terra dawn said...

I don't buy new socks all the time but I don't wear them if they don't look white. I also only wear one specific brand from Old Navy that are low cut because they have this awesome elastic in the middle that forms to the arch of your foot so they don't slide down... at all... ever. I love them. Amazing, no more waking up in the middle of the night going, "Hey... where did my sock go??" That is, if I wore socks to bed... which I don't anymore, so I don't even have that problem.

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home