The Unauthorized Biography of Rosco P. Coltrane

When it's my moment in the sun, I won't forget that I am blessed, but every hero walks alone, thinking of more things to confess

My Photo
Name:
Location: Owensboro, Kentucky, United States

One Word: UNSTOPPABLE AWESOMENESS!!!

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Willantha's First Jeep Ride

I got a phone call while I was frustrated and banging my head up against a wall. I didn't hear the phone ring, actually it was on silent so I didn't feel it. When I got done banging my head against the wall and a solution arrived pretty much out of thin air, I did my paperwork and checked my messages. I had a message from Willantha. Or as I called her, W, in a previous post. Her message said that she was in Fayetteville, she had applied for a job at the Hospital and that she was trying to find a ride back to Siloam Springs.

I called her back but just go her voicemail. I left her a message to give me a call. When I finally heard back from her, she said she was at the old Hospital because that is where the Human Resources office is now at. She didn't have a way back to Siloam. I told her I would be there in 30 minutes.

While battling traffic down to Fayetteville, it took me a little bit longer than I thought. But I got there.

I pulled up right next to the bench that she was sitting at. She pursed her lips and put her hands on her hips and looked at my Jeep with the top down.

"I believe I am gonna enjoy this ride," She laughed.

We stopped and got a coke. She ate some on my lunch that I packed that I never did get a chance to eat.

We took the "back way"(Highway 16) to Siloam Springs, We talked about her getting a job. We talked about New Orleans. She asked me again "where I fellowship." What a great way to ask someone which church they go to. I gave her the lowdown on Northwest Arkansas. I tried to answer all of the questions she had.

When I dropped her off back at the campground the security guards were kidding Willantha that she was always riding in style. She smiled and said, "Yeah, I certainly am enjoying this ride. Sun on my face, wind in my hair. Yes, sir, Style."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home