The Unauthorized Biography of Rosco P. Coltrane

When it's my moment in the sun, I won't forget that I am blessed, but every hero walks alone, thinking of more things to confess

My Photo
Name:
Location: Owensboro, Kentucky, United States

One Word: UNSTOPPABLE AWESOMENESS!!!

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Forgetting to Shave with Occam's Razor

I banged my head today on a problem at work. I looked at all the problems and all the solutions. I stepped back. I thought of all the most difficult and expensive solutions possible. I wound myself into a stir until the solution was evident. It was something simple. I forgot to use Occam's Razor.

Occam's Razor (Which by the way, with all the new razor's coming out, why don't they call one Occam's MP3 Power Soothing Razor) is a logic solution to all problems and theories. It states this: The simplest explanation is usually the best.

In the business of our lives, we wrap ourselves up in problems. Then we wrap another layer of problems on like Christmas paper. Until we are engulfed in problems with no solutions. We forget to slow down, step back, and look how we can figure everything out with simplicity and ease.

So today, if you are struggling in paperwork and drowning in stress, relieve yourself (hehehehe) with the good ol' Occam's Razor.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

son
this is sometimes refured to as the K.I.S.S. PRINCIPAL which is keep it simple stupid.
trouble shooting is the hardest part of fixing problem,glad to see you ARE seeing how that works.
proud of you son.

dad

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home