The Unauthorized Biography of Rosco P. Coltrane

When it's my moment in the sun, I won't forget that I am blessed, but every hero walks alone, thinking of more things to confess

My Photo
Name:
Location: Owensboro, Kentucky, United States

One Word: UNSTOPPABLE AWESOMENESS!!!

Thursday, October 06, 2005

A Little Late, But It is Still Officially Quirky Thursday!!!

I love the smell of bleach. I was cleaning the kitchen and bathroom tonight, using Clorox Clean-up, and got the smell of bleach on my hands. Every few minutes, I would smell my hands. Does this make me a huffer?

According to the Sense of Smell Institute, who knew, the sense of smell is by far the strongest sense when it comes to memory. My memory of bleach is from Rhode Island. Most of the time, whenever we would cook down near the camp, I would always help wash the dishes. Most of the time, helping out with the dishes turned into me just doing the dishes by lantern. There were three tubs to wash dishes in. There was a soapy water, rinse, and bleach water. We used bleach to disinfect everything. Most of the time, the dishes we ate off of and the glasses we drank out of reeked of bleach. The aroma of bleach was a constant on our hand.

There is nothing quite like waking up in the New England bitter cold and drinking a cup of hot and strong coffee out of a mug that has a slight taste of generic bleach.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dallas said...

When I'm standing next to a major thoroughfare and a diesel truck comes by, bellowing exhaust, I can see China in my mind.

7:09 AM  
Blogger jlo said...

Thats the same lineup they use in Oaxaca to clean dishes.

my word verifaction:
aerzs
What words can you make out of it (my new fun game with word ver)
-razes
-ezras
-?

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home