The Unauthorized Biography of Rosco P. Coltrane

When it's my moment in the sun, I won't forget that I am blessed, but every hero walks alone, thinking of more things to confess

My Photo
Name:
Location: Owensboro, Kentucky, United States

One Word: UNSTOPPABLE AWESOMENESS!!!

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Small Blessings

I love it when the little things in life happen right. It's the best feeling when something small and trivial goes your way.

So here are a few of the little things in life that make my life feel better...

Whenever I am wedged in an airplane seat with some other dude with big shoulders. There are a few open seats so you decide to go up to the open seats. Then, as more people get on the plane, you look at each one of them trying to will them to another seat. Then, the door closes, and you know you are safe and have plenty of room.

I love waking up on a cold morning and putting my clothes in the dryer for a few minutes. Then I put them on while they are still warm. They don't stay warm very long, but those few seconds, it feels amazing.

I love it when I put on my coat for the first time since winter, and I find a five dollar bill in the pocket. I know it is only five dollars, but it still just makes me feel good.

It just starts my day off great whenever I am driving to work in the mornings and I hit all the lights just right.

I enjoy putting in old cd's in my stereo for the first time in a few years and then wondering for the rest of the day why I don't listen to that album anymore.

I bet I have seen Shawshank Redemption about 30 times. But still, whenever I see it on TV, I will sit down and watch it if the record player scene hasn't already been shown.

5 Comments:

Blogger Dallas said...

What is it about Shawshank that does that?!

7:16 AM  
Blogger Drew Caperton said...

Occasionally, I'll throw a blanket in the dryer without Kristy knowing about it, then when she's sitting down, I'll take it out and throw it on her. She always says, "Oh, it's like a hug!" every single time.

10:51 AM  
Blogger Brett said...

Shawshank was on last night! Did you see it?

1:45 PM  
Blogger Lafe said...

No, Brett, I didn't see it. Though I did watch most of it a couple of weeks ago in Little Rock before Andrew and I went to the LSU game. Even though I was supposed to wake up in two hours, I still had to stay up to watch that scene. I love it when it shows all the prisoners looking up at the speakers. I still think it is a travestry of cinema justice that Shawshank lost the Oscar to Forrest Gump.

4:50 PM  
Blogger RockStar Jones said...

right on dude, shawshank is one of my fav's too. I cant pass it up when it comes on tv either.

12:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home