The Unauthorized Biography of Rosco P. Coltrane

When it's my moment in the sun, I won't forget that I am blessed, but every hero walks alone, thinking of more things to confess

My Photo
Name:
Location: Owensboro, Kentucky, United States

One Word: UNSTOPPABLE AWESOMENESS!!!

Monday, November 28, 2005

Play Us A Song, Piano Man

What a whirlwind holiday, and I didn't even try to brave the Black Friday madness at my local Wal-Mart.

I had an invitation from Rockstar Jones and The Singing Banker to celebrate Thanksgiving at their house. Shelli cooked an amazing feast and also put up with 4 men who were hungry for Turkey and a dog with a broken leg medicated out of it's mind. The turkey was delicious, the football game was bad, and the hospitality and company was great. After lunch, I went home a napped. I woke up just long enough to make myself some Thanksgiving spaghetti and watch movies on HBO.

Friday was pretty hectic too. I helped the Hodskins texture their walls of their house. Kent and I talked politics and religion while standing up on ladders scraping the acoustics off the ceiling. We also watched my U2 dvd at least 5 times. It was pretty tough work, but it was a lot of fun. Their boys were wandering around and playing all around us, and that slowed us down a little bit. But as always, the Hodskins boys are so much fun. At dinner, Patrick, two years old, got mad at me for trying to fill his glass up with milk. Not sure why, but he was. After shedding a lot of tears, he apologized to me. He gave me a big hug. Then he came at me giving me a fish face, which means he wanted to give me a kiss. To say that I was a bit surprised to see a two year old boy making a sucking face going right towards what I could only think of was my left nipple would be a bit of an understatement. I started laughing and then Kent and Kristen told me that he just wanted to give me a kiss. Maybe all that gets lost a bit in the translation, but we all got a good laugh out of it.

Saturday I worked at the mall as Santa's bodyguard. Time moved at a snail's pace the entire morning long. Saturday night, I went to go see my buddy Matt Chambers play piano at a bar. He did an amazing job. His version of Ben Fold's One Angry Dwarf and Two Hundred Solemn Faces was amazing. After he got done, we were drinking beers an I asked him a question that he never really did answer. I asked him what it felt like to be the smartest and most talented person in the room. I told him I understood what it felt like to be the best looking guy in the room because that happens to me quite frequently. We just laughed and drank more beer.

Sunday I worked with Santa again and helped out at the Greenhouse at church. By the end of the night, I had the worst headache ever.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shelli said...

So...is that just your way of saying you're a glorified elf?

3:34 PM  
Anonymous Rick said...

Well, you are a handsome man. I think it's the haircut.

6:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home