The Unauthorized Biography of Rosco P. Coltrane

When it's my moment in the sun, I won't forget that I am blessed, but every hero walks alone, thinking of more things to confess

My Photo
Name:
Location: Owensboro, Kentucky, United States

One Word: UNSTOPPABLE AWESOMENESS!!!

Monday, January 02, 2006

Resolve

The past two days I have been evaluating the past year like most people I know. I looked at the highlights and lowlights with a new perspective, hopefully with a bit more clarity with a bit of distance. And in the words of Todd Snider, it's been a long, long year, how did I get here?

But what has really gotten me thinking was something my friend Kent asked me last night. He pulled me aside and had a short talk for me.

"Lafe, a while ago you told me that you thought that you felt like you were on the cusp of something great. You remember that? Do you still feel that way?"

I looked at him and said, "I don't know, I don't think so."

So my resolution, though not formal and set out like most people's resolutions is very simple.

To make sure that my reach is always farther than my grasp...

3 Comments:

Blogger Nate said...

...so often I only strive for the things I know are within my reach...maybe it's so i won't be disappointed if i fail...or because I'm a big scaredy cat...maybe a bit of both...great thought Lafe...i like it

4:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

son

if we only do what we are really comfortable with or what we already know how to do we wouldn't acomplish very much would we?
i always after we this one and one mere it will make a pair.
dad

5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my spelling was off, what i ment to say was

after this one and one more it will
make a pair

dad

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home