The Unauthorized Biography of Rosco P. Coltrane

When it's my moment in the sun, I won't forget that I am blessed, but every hero walks alone, thinking of more things to confess

My Photo
Name:
Location: Owensboro, Kentucky, United States

One Word: UNSTOPPABLE AWESOMENESS!!!

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Tids & Bits

1. I am officially never eating at Applebee's ever again. I didn't eat there this past weekend. I can't even remember the last time I have been to Applebee's. But after watching the NCAA tournament this past weekend and seeing that stupid Applebee's commercial over approximately every 27.8 seconds. Are you serious, you are going to try and sell me seafood by singing a horrible rip-off of the Giligan's Island theme? Is there any sort of tax I can pay so they never show that freaking commercial again?

2. Last week I was at a client's office. He asked me what the problem was with his program. I said, "I don't know what, but don't worry, we'll git' r done." I was in shock. My coworker looked at me horrifically. Wow, did I really just say "git' r done" in a non-ironic way to a client? I felt so ashamed of myself.

3. I saw that dog again. That huge dog that was taking a crap in the middle of the road on Valentine's Day. Wow, evidently my morning commute and his daily constitution are one and the same.

4. I bought a XM radio yesterday. I love it. I drove to work this morning and heard John Prine, Matthew Sweet, Frank Sinatra, Talking Heads, Damien Rice, and Ernest Tubb. That would never be heard on normal radio. It seems as though I have really been listening to two channels as of late. There is an old school rap station that I have been listening to a lot. But I have also been listening to a lot of Hear Music (Music of Starbucks). Listening to music from Starbucks makes me feel like a bit of a sell out. But I began to think about it and I am Starbuck's marketing target, so why wouldn't I love their music. I still feel silly listening to the music of Starbucks. I also got to listen to Mr. Tony (Kornheiser) this morning. I forgot how much I missed his radio show that used to be on ESPN radio.

5. I have been loving the new season of The Soprano's. It was worth the wait. I can see the plotlines progressing well, and think I know what is going to happen this season. I am sure I am wrong though, and I am sure I will be surprised every week. But after The Sopranos, I have been watching this new show Big Love. It is about polygamy. It started out just being mildly creepy. But now it is distubingly creepy. I feel dirty watching it.

6. Somehow, I am tied for 1st place in my bracket league. I have no idea how or why. I figured with Ohio State and Tennessee would have done me in, but they didn't. If Gonzaga, Duke and UCONN make it in, I will win.

7. I am really excited about Jason and Cindy's wedding this weekend down in Little Rock. I am positive it is going to be a beautiful ceremony. Jason and Cindy are two of the most wonderful people I have ever met. I wish them all the best. And from the sounds of things, the reception is going to be a lot of fun. There will be lots of dancing and a o-p-e-n-b-a-r from what I hear. Should be a lot of fun. Hopefully it is more fun than the last wedding I went to 4 1/2 years ago. I had to tell my best friend, the groom, that his video camera (that he purchased solely to record his wedding) wasn't turned on because his wife's friend couldn't figure out that the little red button meant record. I honestly thought he was going to deck me. It was a stressful day indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home