The Unauthorized Biography of Rosco P. Coltrane

When it's my moment in the sun, I won't forget that I am blessed, but every hero walks alone, thinking of more things to confess

My Photo
Name:
Location: Owensboro, Kentucky, United States

One Word: UNSTOPPABLE AWESOMENESS!!!

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

4th of July


(Nate McGooden showing all the kids in the crowd his "human roman candle trick" )


The 4th of July celebration at the Millers was a lot of fun. There was great food. Lindsey Kelley made some brownies that were good enough to almost be illegal. Jason had quite the patrotic Country and Western music playing on his ipod, much to my delight and the disgust of others. Nate McGooden and I ran to the fireworks tent down the road and picked up a nice little assortment of fireworks. Seriously, there was a good thing there wasn't an ATM at the fireworks booth because we would have emptied our checking accounts to buy some really coold stuff. BTW, the big 60 dollar display now all come with really weird and somewhat inapropriate names. Nate and I blew up a few Coke cans, made a few kids cry, shot a small SCUD missle off that landed pretty close to Jason's Dad's truck, and thankfully didn't burn ourselves or anyone else up too bad. I also taught Grant Blancette that "Safety is numero Dos!!! Right after fun!" Just kidding, sort of.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nelson said...

Sounds like y'all had a ton of fun! I saw that you called yesterday...but I'm Florida on vacation...didn't have my phone on me.

Y'all should see my next door neighbors on the fourth...it's seriously redneck. They spend like $3,000 each year on fireworks. Then spends the next day cleaning up my yard from all the debris.

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home