The Unauthorized Biography of Rosco P. Coltrane

When it's my moment in the sun, I won't forget that I am blessed, but every hero walks alone, thinking of more things to confess

My Photo
Name:
Location: Owensboro, Kentucky, United States

One Word: UNSTOPPABLE AWESOMENESS!!!

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Fresh Goes Better

Ok, here goes so far...

So the line for security at XNA was simply put, ridiculous. After about a 20 minute wait, I finally made it through. I was putting my belt back on, heading towards the bathroom when I heard "Joshua Benson, this is a final boarding call for Mr. Joshua Benson." So I dead sprint downstairs. When I get there, the guy looks at me and says, "Well, you didn't have to run down here." I looked at him and said, "Well, I figured final boarding call was pretty serious, so I did some pretty serious running...."

On the plane ride to Cincy, I saw next to a Dutchman. We struck up a conversation after the flight attendant asked him if he wanted a cup of ice with his beer. He said of course not. She told him that the beer was warm. He said to just forget the beer. Anyway, so I asked him what he did, I figured he worked for P&G. He said in a Dutch accent, "No, no, I am the international marketing director for Mentos." Wow, I thought, this guy works for "The Freshmaker."



We discussed a lot about the Diet Coke and Mentos stuff. He said it is the best marketing they have. He said they are trying not to promote it too much because they want it to remain as cool as long as it can. We discussed the fact that Mentos has had two tremendous and unintentional pop culture impacts. He told me that when the Mentos commercials first came out, they were serious commercials. They weren't supposed to be taken as campy. Then he said something I am sure I will never hear another person utter, "The Foo Fighters came along and we figured, why not. The sales went up, up, up..."

I ate the best popcorn ever at Queen City Popcorn at the Cincy airport...

Almost finished with The Fair Tax Book. Am I slowly turning from an Old Southern Democrat to a Reaganite???

I think the flight attendant on my last flight was sloshed out of his mind, or at least very chatty...

1 Comments:

Blogger Shelli said...

"...fresh goes better with Mentos fresh and full of life! MENTOS...THE FRESH MAKER!!"

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home