The Unauthorized Biography of Rosco P. Coltrane

When it's my moment in the sun, I won't forget that I am blessed, but every hero walks alone, thinking of more things to confess

My Photo
Name:
Location: Owensboro, Kentucky, United States

One Word: UNSTOPPABLE AWESOMENESS!!!

Monday, August 21, 2006

Living Deliberately



Ed was such a great TV show. Kind of like the real way life seems to be. It was quirky and funny and weird and agonizing sometimes and inspiring and had a good, hip soundtrack and was always entertaining.

Everyone I know that used to watch it, loved it. It isn't out on DVD yet. They used to have re-runs on TBS, but they don't anymore. I think it had something to do with music rights or something like that.

Anyway, I was searching Youtube.com and found some old clips to whet my Ed appetite. Made me want to dig out my old copy of Walden and take it out to Utah with me. Anyway, if for some reason your Tuesday (or whenever you might be reading this post) is kind of going glum, remember this clip of Ed. Remember what Thoreau had to say...

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation."

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived."

"Simplify, simplify"


(A little extra Ed just for a laugh or two. And I bet if old Thoreau had an electric guitar, he might have said this too...)

1 Comments:

Blogger Brett said...

Great Thoreau quote...

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home