The Unauthorized Biography of Rosco P. Coltrane

When it's my moment in the sun, I won't forget that I am blessed, but every hero walks alone, thinking of more things to confess

My Photo
Name:
Location: Owensboro, Kentucky, United States

One Word: UNSTOPPABLE AWESOMENESS!!!

Monday, August 28, 2006

This Major Tom To Ground Control, I'm Feeling Very Scared

So I prayed the selfish prayer yesterday morning. I am not very proud of it, but I did.

"God, please God, don't let it be anyone I know. Please Lord, please."

And thankfully, for me at least, there wasn't. But I began to think about it more and more over the day. The stories, these incredibly sad and heart-breaking stories, slowly crept out of Lexington. I counted each story without a recognizable name as a blessing. But I felt for the families. I knew my prayers were unfair. I don't know what kind of pain they must be going through. How can you reconcile that someone you loved died in a horrible way because of a horrible mistake. A mistake that should have been caught. But wasn't.

So now all I can do is pray for families. It doesn't make me anymore ashamed of my selfish prayers, but it must do some good.

I have also been thinking about the fact that I will be flying on Tuesday. I am a pretty good flier. I don't get too nervous. But there is something unnerving about flying a few days after an accident like this. It will be fresh on everyone's mind. So I will just read my book. And pray for my flight.

That's all I can do...

2 Comments:

Blogger RockinMominAr said...

Madeline and I will pray for you during your trip. There are so many kooks out there and that's the only thing that scares me. People wanting attention or trying to "violate security" just to see if they can get away with it. God has big plans for you so I would just rest in the truth that He's got the whole world in his hands - and that includes you and your plane. Prayers for you....

9:20 PM  
Blogger Abbey said...

This was a tough day for me. I HATE to fly...which is tough considering that it is the ONLY way I can see all my east coast friends and family.

And I had some acquaintances on that flight...people I knew from college. That made me the saddest. I sat in front of the tv for a little too long for a couple days following this. Tears fell, prayers were said, fear set in hard.

I always felt like I could deal with crashes when they happened in "Other Places." But Lexington? MY HOME??? So needless to say, I'm not looking forward to flying myself anytime soon...but I'm happy to see that you are alive and well. Gives me a little bit of hope...

PS. I think we all say, “Please no one I know…” I know I've said it…I always do. It’s selfish, but it’s human.

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home