The Unauthorized Biography of Rosco P. Coltrane

When it's my moment in the sun, I won't forget that I am blessed, but every hero walks alone, thinking of more things to confess

My Photo
Name:
Location: Owensboro, Kentucky, United States

One Word: UNSTOPPABLE AWESOMENESS!!!

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Addendum

Around Thanksgiving, I blogged a thank you to Cox Cable because of it's inclusion of NFL Network. As excited as I have been, I haven't had a chance to watch a Thursday night game in it's entirety. Sometimes I have gotten home too late from community group to watch it, other times I have watched it out of the corner of my eye while doing something else. Well, last night I watched the Giants/Redskins game for most of the night. I was listening to the commentary and noticed that Bryant Gumbel, better know as Skinny Gumbel to me and my buddy Adam, kept on saying that the team would turn the ball over on downs during after a failed third down conversion. I would look up and think, they went for it on fourth down?

Now, Adam and I generally consider Skinny Gumbel to be a major windbag. On HBO, he always seems way too snooty and has an arrogance that just gets under our skin. He is the kind of guy no one really likes: the guy who acts smarter than everyone else but isn't.

But here is the thing, a turnover on downs is not the end of a drive. A turnover on downs is a failed fourth down conversion.

Here is the thing, if you are going to act like you are smarter than everyone else, you at least need to have your ducks in a row.

1 Comments:

Blogger Drew Caperton said...

wait, where's the thing?

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home