The Unauthorized Biography of Rosco P. Coltrane

When it's my moment in the sun, I won't forget that I am blessed, but every hero walks alone, thinking of more things to confess

My Photo
Name:
Location: Owensboro, Kentucky, United States

One Word: UNSTOPPABLE AWESOMENESS!!!

Thursday, January 25, 2007

I'll Never Smoke Weed With Willie Again

Ok, so I have a list of 20th century musicians that shaped music so well that I have to go see their concerts before I die (or they). I have seen a lot of them, but not all of them. So here is my list.

1. B.B. King --Check
2. R.E.M. -- Check (I even saw them when they were still relevant...)
3. Radiohead -- Check (Saw them with R.E.M.
4. U2 --Uncheck, next time they tour I will pay whatever I have to pay.
5. Dave Matthews Band -- Check, many times
6. Neil Young -- Check (Farm-Aid)
7. Bruce Springsteen -- Uncheck, I have to see him with the E Street Band, not that weird folk tour he has been doing.
8. Bob Dylan -- Uncheck, I am not a huge fan, but there is no doubt that he influenced the last half of the 20th century more than any musician.
9. Run D.M.C. -- Check, such a fun concert. These guys made hip-hop and rap legitimate.
10. Willie Nelson --Unchecked, until March 15th, when I see him, Merle Haggard, Ray Price, and Asleep at the Wheel in Tulsa. Tickets were only 38 dollars for four amazing country music acts. Wow, I can't wait. I can't wait to hear Willie and Merle do a duet of my favorite song ever, "Pancho and Lefty."

2 Comments:

Blogger Nelson said...

When you find out about U2, let me know. I'm up for a road trip.

My list would include Metallica.

7:46 PM  
Blogger Shelli said...

I am EXTREMELY excited about the Willie concert. Once again...I am the only girl on a road trip to see greatness.

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home