The Unauthorized Biography of Rosco P. Coltrane

When it's my moment in the sun, I won't forget that I am blessed, but every hero walks alone, thinking of more things to confess

My Photo
Name:
Location: Owensboro, Kentucky, United States

One Word: UNSTOPPABLE AWESOMENESS!!!

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Amazing Grace




I went to see Amazing Grace this weekend with Jen. It was a really good movie, which actually surprised me. (It didn't surprise me as much as the ticket takers at the movies checking people's driver's licenses to go into a rated R movie.)

But after the movie, Jen and I were talking about the movie at Village Inn. We both could not understand how anyone could justify slavery. Even though it was over two hundred years ago, I still can't understand it. How could anyone justify slavery and call themselves a Christian at the same time?

But what I have been wondering the past day or so is this: what will the future generations find unbelievable about us? What will people see about the way we live our lives, right now, and find unacceptable and hypocritical?

(Here is a clip of Vic Wooten, the best bass player in the world and no one will every argue that point, playing Amazing Grace. Oh yeah, he will be at George's Majestic Lounge in a month or too. Can't wait...)

1 Comments:

Blogger erinelizabeth said...

i cannot believe that victor wooten is coming to fayetteville. you better believe i'll be there!

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home