The Unauthorized Biography of Rosco P. Coltrane

When it's my moment in the sun, I won't forget that I am blessed, but every hero walks alone, thinking of more things to confess

My Photo
Name:
Location: Owensboro, Kentucky, United States

One Word: UNSTOPPABLE AWESOMENESS!!!

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Awkward Moment #5723

Weird things happen in Springdale... This happened this morning.

I was at the Kum and Go getting a couple of bottles of water. When I went up to the counter, the cashier and I had this awkward exchange.

Her: You don't want any chocolate? It's on sale. You don't like chocolate?

Me: Yea, I like it, but I gave up sweets for Lent.

Her: I gave up celibacy for Lent.

Me: Hmmm, how's that going for you?

Her: Off and on. Here's your change.

Me: Uhh, well, good luck with Lent.

3 Comments:

Blogger RockinMominAr said...

Oh my gosh! I've been laughing out loud for at least 5 minutes now. Things like this ONLY happen to you Lafe! ;-)

8:17 PM  
Blogger John Nelson said...

Seriously...these moments really do happen to only you, Lafe.

You're a magnet for awkward conversations.

10:30 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

so i know you told me this story last night, but it's STILL funny. i would text message you but i left my phone at the apartment. i'll talk to you tonight.

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home