The Unauthorized Biography of Rosco P. Coltrane

When it's my moment in the sun, I won't forget that I am blessed, but every hero walks alone, thinking of more things to confess

My Photo
Name:
Location: Owensboro, Kentucky, United States

One Word: UNSTOPPABLE AWESOMENESS!!!

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Buy Me Some Peanuts And Crackerjacks

Just for the record, I like neither peanuts or crackerjacks...

Yesterday, Justin Jones and I went out to a ballgame at Baum Stadium. The Razorbacks and Kansas has a noon first pitch, and we arrived in the middle of the first inning. So here a few things that happened at the ballgame.

I got up to go to the concession stand, and when I did a foul ball was hit into our section. When I got back to my seat, I asked Justin where the foul ball was hit to. He told me that it was about 4 seats down from where I sat. Dang it.

There were some teenagers sitting in front of us without shirts. After every pitch they would yell something and then all laugh at each other. I looked over a Just and said, "I sure am glad I am not a teenager anymore. But the good thing about me is that I knew I was a dork and didn't try to enhance my reputation."

There was also this man sitting a few rows down with his three kids. The entire game he was pestering the shortstop. He kept on talking about talking about how boring Kansas must be and how the shortstop had probably never seen anything this great as the SEC. I wanted to stand up and yell, "Hey, shortstop, have you ever seen this many number of redneck morons setting a bad example for their kids in your life?" I didn't because Justin and I would have had to make a break for the door rather quickly.

It was a beautiful day. But the sun was brutal on me. I had sunscreen on, but I was still getting baked. I had to take my hat off periodically to prevent the dreaded "2 quart low bald head" look.

We left in the middle of the 6th, the game was boring. There had only been four total hits and one run by the 6th. But the good news is that baseball season is here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home