The Unauthorized Biography of Rosco P. Coltrane

When it's my moment in the sun, I won't forget that I am blessed, but every hero walks alone, thinking of more things to confess

My Photo
Name:
Location: Owensboro, Kentucky, United States

One Word: UNSTOPPABLE AWESOMENESS!!!

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

$37.50


I filled up my 12 gallon gas tank up on Saturday and it was the most money I had ever spent on gasoline for my Jeep.

$37.50. $3.20 a gallon.

I am beginning to think that my dad has it right and that we should tell everyone that we have found another fuel source and that they should "eat sand and die."

I really hope that our dependence on oil and the need to find a renewable energy source will be on the forefront during the '08 election. I doubt it will. Both sides will use wedge issues to divide the electorate. And both sides of the aisle get major money from energy companies, not just one side of the political spectrum as most try to make people think.

So that is why I am going to participate in One Hour No Power on July 1st. And I am encouraging as many people to participate as I can. This sounds sort of like the mass email that went around telling people not to buy gasoline today, but it isn't. The One Hour No Power is designed to raise your awareness of what all you can accomplish by conserving. Even think that even those that believe that global warming is a farce can see the benefits in the awareness of everything that we consume.

It isn't as much a Republican or Democrat thing, it is a mankind thing. I could keep on writing but I will turn the floor over to a professional, Wendell Berry.

"We have lived by the assumption that what was good for us would be good for the world. We have been wrong. We must change our lives, so that it will be possible to live by the contrary assumption that what is good for the world will be good for us. . . We must recover the sense of the majesty of the creation and the ability to be worshipful in its presence. For it is only on the condition of humility and reverence before the world that our species will be able to remain in it."

2 Comments:

Blogger erinelizabeth said...

i love this post. three cheers for awareness of our need to change. and three cheers that denver has an excellent public transportation system.

9:13 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

so i never really watched the simpsons but i the one that keeps popping up on your simpsons quote thing is..."homer you don't have to pray so loud." "but he's way the hell up there!"

hilarious. effing hilarious.

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home