The Unauthorized Biography of Rosco P. Coltrane

When it's my moment in the sun, I won't forget that I am blessed, but every hero walks alone, thinking of more things to confess

My Photo
Name:
Location: Owensboro, Kentucky, United States

One Word: UNSTOPPABLE AWESOMENESS!!!

Monday, August 20, 2007

Their World

This morning I was walking out the door, trying to prep myself for the meeting that I knew was going to go bad, and I got half way down the stairs before I noticed. A small deer was grazing on the edge of the woods next to my apartment. The fawn's ears stuck up as it raised it's head. It stared at me, and I stared back. I am not exactly sure how long I stood there just staring into those black eyes. I began to walk towards my jeep, but it just stood there. Still staring. The fawn eventually got tired and began to graze again. I wanted to go towards it, maybe find something for it to eat. But the closer I got to my jeep, the more it stared. Finally, it darted off.

On my way up the mountain, I thought about the fawn. I began to wonder.

Are they trespassing on our world?

Or are we trespassing on theirs?

I began to think about Genesis.

"Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth."

But the more I thought about it today, the more I realized what I think subdue and dominion over actually means. I began to think of how the King of Kings ruled and still rules today. Through serving. Through grace and mercy.

Not with an iron fist. He could have if he wanted to, but instead he chose to serve the world, to sacrifice, to love. Maybe that is the way we should look at being stewards of the Earth?

I don't know. All I know is I saw a deer this morning, and it rocked my world. Not what I was expecting this morning as I was running to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home