The Unauthorized Biography of Rosco P. Coltrane

When it's my moment in the sun, I won't forget that I am blessed, but every hero walks alone, thinking of more things to confess

My Photo
Name:
Location: Owensboro, Kentucky, United States

One Word: UNSTOPPABLE AWESOMENESS!!!

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

You Say You Want A Revolution

So I am now a Republican.

Now this might shock a few people. But I decided to change my party affiliation today, actually I designated a party affiliation for the first time in the state of Arkansas. And the reason why is very simple.

I want to vote for Ron Paul in 2008. And one way or another, I am going to vote for Ron Paul in 2008.


I want to vote for a guy that has the balls the to have a "Don't Steal: The Government Hates Competition" sign on his desk. I like most of his ideas. He wants to go back to a more Constitutional country. He wants our government to make sense. He isn't going to sugar coat things. His plan for America is revolutionary, and that is why he won't win. But I think our country needs to be shaken up, and Ron Paul isn't scared to do the shaking.

I want someone that is different. And Ron Paul is different. He is not status quo.

I am tired of status quo politics.

I want something different.

I want the "Blessings of Liberty."

The United States of America is the greatest country in the world, and if you want evidence of that look at the Presidential election of 2000. The person with the most votes in the entire country lost the election. And no one brought out tanks. No one took the streets with assault guns. There was debate, but no violence. That sort of thing doesn't happen in most countries.

But our country needs to fix a lot of things. Our government is so wrapped up in rules and red tape that it cannot function. I want smart, constitutional, and functional government.

And I think that Ron Paul is the only candidate that wants the same kind of government that I want. Others candidates will just try to sell us that they want good, smart and functional government.

P.S. I technically didn't have to designate a party affiliation because in the state of Arkansas, anyone can vote in any primary, every two year. This makes no sense and seems unfair. So I officially became a Republican anyway. When I called the voter registration, the lady tried to explain this to me, but I can't grasp a system where you can vote for either party in a primary. After she officially changed my designation, I asked her if I got a card of anything like that. She said no. I laughed and said that I guess I would just know it in my heart. She didn't know whether to laugh, so she said thank you and hung up.

3 Comments:

Blogger Stu said...

Welcome to the darkside my friend.

11:29 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

just so everyone knows, had i known he was going to do this, i would have tried to stop him.

11:12 AM  
Blogger Gennie said...

will you switch your party affiliation in the next presidential primary if the GOP candidates are unworthy of your vote? or are you republican for good?

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home