The Unauthorized Biography of Rosco P. Coltrane

When it's my moment in the sun, I won't forget that I am blessed, but every hero walks alone, thinking of more things to confess

My Photo
Name:
Location: Owensboro, Kentucky, United States

One Word: UNSTOPPABLE AWESOMENESS!!!

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Baba Ghanoush

So the big guy is leaving on a jet plane, well, not to Mexico but to Michigan, but anyway. Tonight is the last night that Stu will be my roommate. And it is weird. We have lived together for almost a year and a half, and we have gone through a lot of stuff. Lots of good times, lots of dark times. But we have survived. And no worse for the wear.

When I moved in, we knew each other fairly well, but we weren't best friends. He was just a guy that needed a roommate during a tough time in his life. And through Sunday morning breakfasts and always fun trips to the grocery store, we became the best of friends. We are as different as two people could be. But we are the best of friends. I will miss him, a lot. But I have no doubts that our friendship will continue though I time as roommates is closing. But friendships are like the last episode of Saved By The Bell. You think everyone is going their separate ways. But in reality, everyone (at least the ones that you like) just reunites in a spin-off (except for Jessie who goes off to Columbia, but ends up as a stripper in Showgirls)
in which Screech and Bob Golic play Laurel and Hardy and dormitories are insanely big.

So good luck Stu. Screech and I will be waiting for you...

3 Comments:

Blogger BonnieJ said...

Hey, I've been blog hopping a bit and I came across your blog while doing so. I just wanted to say I was happy to see your post on Ron Paul! Go Ron!

8:32 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

I think Michigan is on the way to Mexico.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Stu said...

Lafe, I got a little misty-eyed reading your post. I don't know what to say, except that I wholeheartedly agree with everything you said. My life is forever different because of our friendship and I love you for it! Thanks for being Lafe to me.

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home