The Unauthorized Biography of Rosco P. Coltrane

When it's my moment in the sun, I won't forget that I am blessed, but every hero walks alone, thinking of more things to confess

My Photo
Name:
Location: Owensboro, Kentucky, United States

One Word: UNSTOPPABLE AWESOMENESS!!!

Monday, November 19, 2007

Is This Heaven? No, It's Iowa.

A few weeks back, I was thinking a lot about Heaven. We had been discussing Heaven and Hell at church, and likewise, we were discussing the two at community group as well. I must say after all the discussions and teaching, I still don't think I am any closer to understanding what Heaven will be like. And truth be told, I am alright with that. I am fine with accepting that there are things that I will never be able to understand. I really am.

But I began to think about Heaven again last week. Because Joe Nuxhall died.

And I realized what week it was.

And I laughed a little bit.

I laughed because I thought about Heaven again. I wondered if Joe Nuxhall and Ryan were in Heaven. And if they happened to be, would they talk about the Reds? Would Nuxhall being telling all those stories that he could never tell on the radio? Would he tell stories about playing for the Reds at such a young age, the same age that Ryan died? I laughed. I laughed until a tear came.

I don't know what Heaven is like, and I am sure it is nothing like I just talked about. It's not a biblical portrayal of Heaven. In fact, it is a very secular way of looking at Heaven. It's very Field of Dreams way of looking at Heaven. I don't think people would concern themselves with anything but the worship and praise of God.

But who knows.

To quote another cheesy sports movie, "I have only come up with two hard incontrovertible facts: there is a God, and I'm not Him."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home