The Unauthorized Biography of Rosco P. Coltrane

When it's my moment in the sun, I won't forget that I am blessed, but every hero walks alone, thinking of more things to confess

My Photo
Name:
Location: Owensboro, Kentucky, United States

One Word: UNSTOPPABLE AWESOMENESS!!!

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Now I know all the wrong turns, the stumbles and falls brought me here

My love's new ring.


I was sitting at my computer, trying to type something. Anything. But there was really only one thing that I really had on my heart. There was only one thing I wanted to say. There was only one thing I wanted to ask. And I couldn't take it anymore.

So I opened my top drawer and pulled the ring out. I had opened that drawer and looked at the ring every morning when I woke up and every night before I went to sleep. I bought the ring last weekend. My mind has been racing thinking of perfect times and perfect ways. Who should I tell, who should I not tell. The secret was killing me.

Screw it, I said to myself.

I grabbed my coat and a package of fudge that I wanted to give Jen. The entire way over to her apartment my mind just raced. This wasn't the way I planned it. I was going to do something elaborate, but I decided that wasn't my style. Flying by the seat of my pants, now that's more my style.

So I knocked on her door. She opened the door and had already started getting ready for bed. I walked in and gave her the fudge. She could tell something was weird about me. We went over to her desk. And I just started to laugh. And laugh. I couldn't stop giggling. I told her that I was sorry because I had been keeping something from her all week. So I pulled out the ring box out of jeans and got down on one knee. I told her how much I loved her. She started to cry. And I asked her.

We called her parents then we called my parents. Then she said, "Oh yeah, the answer is yes." We changed our facebook profiles.

She said it was perfect. I tend to agree. All these grandiose ideas of proposals that I had slipped in the background, and I realized what was really important. And that was just a simple question.

With a wonderful answer...

12 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

i love you. i love the proposal. i love the ring. i love that this post is directly after a video about an athletic cup that comes in the size "mongo" and features someone getting nailed in the nuts with a baseball and someone mispronouncing testicles. i love you so much.

6:31 AM  
Blogger John Nelson said...

That's freaking awesome! Congrats to you and Jen!

8:32 AM  
Blogger Spencer said...

Congrats Lafe, the very best and very worst times of your life are ahead of you!

8:41 AM  
Anonymous Shannon said...

Congratulations! I wish you all the best.

5:18 PM  
Blogger Drew Caperton said...

Congratulations guys! By the way, is Jen's hand posed on a toilet seat? Now THAT would be awesome.

9:31 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

good eye, drew! it's actually the sink. but the toilet would have been much better!

11:15 PM  
Blogger jlo said...

We can't wait for the reception,er I mean the wedding. Congratulations.

8:24 AM  
Anonymous Dave said...

This is great news! Sarah and were so excited to hear. I'm with Lofton, I can't wait til the wedding!

2:11 PM  
Blogger Virginia said...

makes me so happy! I love it! Best wishes to you both. :)

2:52 PM  
Blogger Adam said...

I just love that you called your parents AND THEN CHANGED YOUR FACEBOOK PROFILES!!! Nothing quite says "I love you" the same way as that in the 21st Century!

Congratulations to you both! It couldn't have been better.

5:35 PM  
Blogger Stu said...

You guys rock my face off. Make sure to allot plenty in the budget to get me back from Mexico for the festivities!

12:31 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Woo hoo! Jen is definitely worth the wait. Congratulations!

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home