The Unauthorized Biography of Rosco P. Coltrane

When it's my moment in the sun, I won't forget that I am blessed, but every hero walks alone, thinking of more things to confess

My Photo
Name:
Location: Owensboro, Kentucky, United States

One Word: UNSTOPPABLE AWESOMENESS!!!

Monday, March 10, 2008

Something I Almost Forgot

As many might remember, there was an incident last last Fall that will forever be known as Stu vs. Lafe. A few weeks back, I was back at Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market, and I really needed Stu there so I could blame someone.

I had a bunch of things in my hand because I don't like to get shopping carts. Anyway, the very last thing I picked up was a 2 Liter bottle of Dr. Pepper. I was talking to my buddy on the phone. I was maxed out. Well, I was right next to the frozen food aisle and turning the corner. I dropped the 2 liter. It hits the ground and bounces up. I think, wow, that was lucky. At that split second I also remembered working for a milk company after High School and saw many a gallon jug of milk bounce and bounce and bounce.

So back to the 2 liter, it is spinning in the air like Mary Lou Retton. Spin after spin after spin. There is a random old lady walking down the aisle towards the frozen food. It finally hits the ground. BOOM goes the dynamite. The top blows off.

The Dr. Pepper skirts across the frozen food aisle like a rocket towards the biscuit section. And if you know this particular store, you will realize just how far this is. I tell my buddy I will call him back. I look around. Everyone looks at me. I look to blame Stu, but no Stu, he is inconveniently for me, is in Mexico. I hear someone say, Clean Up in the back. I spring for the self check out. I pay for my groceries, and don't go back to the store for a week.

2 Comments:

Blogger jlo said...

Awesome use of the "boom goes the dynamite" quote.

9:06 PM  
Blogger Stu said...

I'm crying and sweating profusely after that!!! Lafe, I can't tell you how funny that was, how badly I wish I would've been there, or how weirdly the Mexican that just passed by is looking at me.

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home