The Unauthorized Biography of Rosco P. Coltrane

When it's my moment in the sun, I won't forget that I am blessed, but every hero walks alone, thinking of more things to confess

My Photo
Name:
Location: Owensboro, Kentucky, United States

One Word: UNSTOPPABLE AWESOMENESS!!!

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

The Captain of the Huckleberry Party

Ralph Waldo Emerson said this at Henry David Thoreau's funeral.

"I so much regret the loss of his rare powers of action, that I cannot help counting it a fault in him that he had no ambition. Wanting this instead of engineering for all America, he was the captain of a huckleberry party. Pounding beans is good to the end of pounding empires one of these days; but if, at the end of years, it is still only beans!"

Since my last blog post was about Thoreau, and our (see: my) dependence on electricity and modern comforts, I thought I would post a video that I have posted before, but thought I would post it again. Because not only am I on a Thoreau kick, I am also on an Ed kick as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home